April’s Small Business Breakfast welcomed local business owners to the Queenswood B&B in Cradley.
During introductions we welcomed Carol Unwin who is an experienced Principal Landscape Architect and Project Manager across the public, private, and third sectors.
Our presenter was Alison Holmes, HR Consultant and Managing Director for the Peritia Group. She gave an excellent talk on networking hints and tips.
Key points were:
- Always research the event beforehand to gauge the type and sizes of businesses attending.
- Be willing to provide free information that adds value and builds trust.
- Be polite but assertive to extract yourself from conversations if you need to speak to other people in the room!
- Your ‘elevator pitch’ works best if you can tell a story with feeling, giving people an idea of the benefits and outcomes they can get by working with you.
- Don’t be afraid to repeat your core messages… Just change the context and look for examples within your own life or from topical news stories.
- Be on the lookout for speaking slots to increase your exposure.
- Don’t forget that social events are also great networking opportunities!
We are always on the lookout for presenters and the “day in the life of” format is popular if you want to put yourself forward.
Meetings are usually held on the first Friday of each month
The next meeting will be hosted by Stuart and Pauline Diplock on
Friday 7th June at Queenswood in Cradley, WR13 5NF. Speaker TBC.
The cost is just £5 for the Cradley SBB meeting.
IMPORTANT! Please reply when you get the upcoming meeting email letting us know whether you are coming or not. The meeting will be held anyway, but it helps us greatly with food ordering.
Dave Bird 07824 661038 firstname.lastname@example.org